Hello from Xenia!


            If you’ve never heard of Xenia, Ohio, you’re not the only one. To be honest, I didn’t even know that there was a town named Xenia in the country. But to my surprise, it is a great little town known for its hospitality. Since this is my first time on Heather’s blog, I’ll introduce myself. My name is Cassi Peck, and I am in Heather’s Athletic Training class at Liberty University. Despite common belief, Heather and I did not intentionally apply for the X-Project together. But what a wonderful surprise when we discovered we’d be spending the summer together as we serve in the middle of nowhere Ohio. 





This first week with AIA has been a whirlwind. Fourteen interns, from all over the country, have become family within seven days. Together we’ve climbed a 12-foot wall, faced a high ropes course, dived into the Word, evangelized in the surrounding towns, and walked day by day through our new summer life in Xenia. Coming into the summer with no expectations, I have been blown away by all the ways God is working in AIA and through this X-Project. Everyday I am pushed out of my comfort zone and into a reliance on the Lord as my strength, provider, and wisdom. I have seen God use people’s vulnerability to turn 14 strangers into a family. I have seen climbing a 12-foot wall during the challenge course turn into a gospel illustration, leaving everyone in awe of His glory. I have seen the power of God be my courage as little ‘ole introvert me was led to pray with a handicap man at an outdoor mall. As we serve alongside AIA this summer, I am constantly reminded of Romans 12:9-13 where it says, “Let love be genuine. Abhor what is evil; hold fast to what is good. Love one another with brotherly affection. Outdo one another in showing honor. Do not be slothful in zeal, be fervent in spirit, serve the Lord. Rejoice in hope, be patient in tribulation, be constant in prayer. Contribute to the needs of the saints and seek to show hospitality”. One week in, and I have seen all the above displayed in our X Project team. I have experienced deep and genuine love that flows out of the love of our Father. We have rejoiced together as we conquer the challenges each day brings. And most importantly, we have been guided into a real and radical love for our God as we dive into His Word. I cannot wait to see how God works in the rest of summer; transforming our lives as we fall deeper in love with Him!

In Christ,
Cassi

Comments

Popular Posts